Healthy No-Bake Pumpkin Bliss Bites
Next up on the menu for guest bloggers is the lovely Hannah from @californiatoddler. If like us, you struggle to be inspired to keep your kids' meals and snacks healthy and interesting, then you definitely need to follow Hannah's account. It is full of fun, fresh ways to keep your little ones eating the right foods! In this post, Hannah gives us a great excuse to Make Time Together with our kiddos by creating some healthy pumpkin treats.
No- Bake Pumpkin Bliss Bites
I love bliss/energy bites! They’re easy to make, healthy, filling, and delicious! During Halloween candy and treats seem to be flying all over the place. Since we are in the season of all things pumpkin, I wanted to share a sweet treat alternative that your body (and if you’ve got kids, your sanity) will thank you for later!
- 2 cups dry, uncooked oats (you can leave whole or put in the blender for 30 seconds)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice or sunflower seed butter for nut-allergies
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbs hemp hearts
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon works here, too)
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips (you can combine all dry and all wet ingredients first if you like, but I like to just throw them all in there!).
2. Stir well to combine. I like to use my hands for this!
3. Once all ingredients are mixed together, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Next, roll the mixture into balls. The mixture should make about 20 medium sized balls. These yummy bliss bites can be stored in the fridge for about a week, or the freezer for a couple months!
These delicious bliss bites make a great alternative to the hoards of candy circulating the house during Halloween. They are also popular for lunch box treats and after school snacks. Enjoy!!
Creative QT designs quality + innovative toys that declutter homes and inspire creative play. Founded by parents of five, Adam and Dana Sue Hinkle, Creative QT’s vision is to empower parents and encourage a culture of families that Make Time Together. All products are designed to enrich families’ lives through active, creative play and play based learning. Creative QT products are laboratory tested for compliance with CPSC requirements and are free of lead, cadmium and phthalates so you can play with confidence. So, go ahead … today is the day: be your kid’s hero.
"LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site."