Dana Sue Hinkle's Groundhog Day Pancakes!
Creative QT co-owner and co-founder, Dana Sue Hinkle, loves Making Time Together with her five kids by cooking fun hands on recipes. Learn more about the Hinkle family and the heart behind Creative QT here.
I think our family could seriously survive on pancakes! Any excuse to make them, and we are all in the kitchen laughing and getting messy together. These adorable Groundhog Day Pancakes come from Kara at The Joys of Boys website. It's such a simple cooking activity which makes it ideal for all family members to take part in.
For each 'Groundhog' you will need:
- one large pancake
- two small chubby cheek pancakes
- one large marshmallow
- 3 chocolate chips
- 2 banana slices
- Make your pancakes (one large and two small).
- Put the large pancake on the plate. Cut the large marshmallow in half. One half acts as the mouth, while the other half gets cut in two again and act as the eyes.
- Place a chocolate chip on top of each marshmallow eye.
- Add the two smaller pancake cheeks and wedge in the final chocolate chip as the nose.
- Then all that's left to do is eat the yummy Groundhog!!
My kids loved getting to add all of the parts to build their own Groundhogs!
Creative QT designs quality + innovative toys that declutter homes and inspire creative play. Founded by parents of five, Adam and Dana Sue Hinkle, Creative QT’s vision is to empower parents and encourage a culture of families that Make Time Together. All products are designed to enrich families’ lives through active, creative play and play based learning. Creative QT products are laboratory tested for compliance with CPSC requirements and are free of lead, cadmium and phthalates so you can play with confidence. So, go ahead … today is the day: be your kid’s hero.
"LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site."